Exercise For Asthma: Managing Your Condition Through Physical Activity
Living with asthma presents unique challenges, but including physical activity in your routine can be a game-changer for managing this respiratory condition. In this discussion, we’ll explore how specific exercises, coupled with the right lifestyle choices, can positively impact asthma patients. Additionally, we’ll touch upon the importance of comprehensive medical insurance, specially tailored for families, critical illness insurance, and health insurance for senior citizens, ensuring that individuals with asthma have the required financial assistance for their healthcare needs. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the health insurance policy. *
Let’s delve into the world of exercise for asthma and the vital role medical insurance plays in promoting holistic well-being.
The Challenge Of Asthma In India
Asthma is a major health challenge in India, affecting a significant portion of the population. Alongside medication, dietary changes, physical activity, and specific breathing exercises have demonstrated effectiveness in enhancing lung function and overall health.
Breathing Exercises For Asthma Relief
1.Alternate Nostril Breathing (Nadi Shodhan Pranayama)
This yogic technique, known as Nadi Shodhan Pranayama, involves alternating nostril breathing to cleanse the body and mind of impurities.
- Close your eyes and place your hands on opposing knees.
- Use your fingers to alternately cover one nostril while inhaling and exhaling through the other.
- Repeat this pattern for nine cycles.
- Diaphragmatic Breathing
Diaphragmatic breathing is a straightforward exercise that promotes relaxation, improves blood and oxygen flow, and reduces inflammation.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent or supine.
- Place one hand on your chest and another on your belly.
- Breathe deeply through your nose, making your stomach expand.
- Exhale gently, feeling your stomach return to its normal position.
- Repeat this cycle for 10-15 repetitions.
Yoga Poses For Asthma Management
2.The Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
This yoga poses benefits overall health and is particularly advantageous for individuals with asthma. It stimulates the lungs, abdomen, and spine, promoting flexibility and relieving tension.
- Lie on your stomach with your feet flat and your forehead raised.
- Place hands beneath your shoulders and next to your chest.
- Inhale as you lift your head, chest, and shoulders, arching your back.
- Hold this position for 10-20 seconds, breathing consistently.
- Exhale and lower your body back to the floor.
- Repeat this cycle 5-10 times.
- Half-Spinal Twist (ArdhaMatsyendrasana)
This exercise enhances lung capacity, increases oxygen intake, and improves spinal flexibility.
- Sit with legs extended on the ground.
- Bend your left leg inward, ensuring the heel faces the right hip.
- Bend your right leg over the left knee.
- Place your left hand on your right knee and the right hand behind your back.
- Slowly twist your neck and waist to the right, maintaining an upright posture.
- Inhale and exhale slowly, holding each breath for 10-15 seconds.
- Release and repeat the same on the other side.
Asthma Management for Better Living
Chronic asthma significantly impacts daily life, necessitating a holistic approach to enhance overall well-being. Incorporating these breathing exercises and yoga poses into a daily routine can contribute to better lung function, making routine activities more manageable for asthma patients. A health insurance for family plan, can provide valuable coverage for network hospital and prescription costs, ensuring comprehensive health care for individuals managing asthma. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the health insurance policy. *
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.